|Being Blonde Does Bring In More Twitter Followers|
About three weeks ago, I had 169 Twitter followers. In three weeks, and with time invested of a few minutes a day, I managed to get this number to over 2,000.
Granted, almost no one cares about Second Life and about 80% of my followers do not speak English or are Justin Bieber fans -- but who cares? I just wanted a higher number of followers for Edd's ego.
Here is how I did it:
First of all your general rules:
1. Try to grow this number incrementally, about 100 - 150 a day at most. KLOUT does not like big sudden increased in followers (for those who are concerned about their scores), and Twitter will cancel accounts that grow too rapidly.
2. There are two numbers on your Twitter chart above. --- Following and Followers. Try to keep these two numbers roughly even. Following should never be 15% more than followers -- you will find yourself bounced off people's follower lists if you have many more following than followers.
Here is how I did it:
1. Follow as many people who follow you back.
You do this by following and rettweating (no more than 3 or 4 times a day) accounts that look like this:\
These twitter retweets go to people who are looking for junk names to add on your followers list just like you.
2. Check back (about twice a day works well) and follow everyone who is following you.
But it does not end there! You also have to do this:
3. Use this web site to unfollow everyone who is unfollowing you. You will find that several people who follow you will quickly decide to unfollow you for whatever reason. Remember, if you get your unfollower/follower ratio too high, people will start dropping you and Twitter will get suspicious. In fact, if the number gets too out of whack, Twitter will stop you from picking more people up. I had this happen as I first approached following 2000 names (and only have 1600 followers).
4. Also use this web site to purge your name of non-followers, since just unfollow wants you to buy a membership if you use it too much per day. This site is free and lets you flush out unfollowers:
By picking up names, and flushing them out, you will quickly grow your list. But remember -- you need to keep your ratios even, and take your time.
5. Put up a very cute picture of yourself. I found that Ryce attracted lots of new friends even though he looks like a cartoon up closes.
One more thing - I am not sure Truetwit, the validation service helped me grow, but it may have. You can sign up here if you would like. It lets people know your are legitimate: http://truetwit.com/truetwit/home.form
So there you have it! How to grow your Twitter list like a pro with junk names to get your ego (and KLOUT) scores up just like Eddi Haskell has above!